Learning you are in need of teeth alignment treatment can bring about a lot of questions. How will it affect your diet, the sports you play, or your job? Fortunately, today you do not need to turn to traditional braces and there are options out there for individuals who are looking for a more subtle way to correct their smile: that option is Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a way to help straighten your teeth without the hassle of traditional braces. With Invisalign, you begin by visiting your Winnipeg dentist and they will create a series of tray aligners based on a 3D scan of your teeth. These aligners will gently help push your teeth into the correct alignment using clear mouth guards personalized for your teeth.
The Positives and Negatives of Invisalign
- Align at Home – If you were to go the traditional braces route, you would find yourself making regular appointments at the orthodontist to have your braces tightened and checked on. When you straighten with Invisalign, you tighten your teeth using trays you already have at home, given to you at a single appointment by your dentist. You will still need to visit your dentist a few times, but it will be far less in comparison.
- No Need to Change Your Diet or Oral Hygiene – With Invisalign trays you can remove the trays when you need to eat, drink, or give your teeth a good cleaning. This makes it much easier to maintain the health of your teeth throughout treatment.
- Clear Appearance – Probably one of the greatest benefits to Invisalign is the clear aligners. It will be very difficult for anyone to know you have been correcting your smile until it is all beautifully complete! – When you have traditional braces, it can bring about concern when playing your favorite sport. Will a mouthguard be enough? What happens if a wire comes loose? With Invisalign, you will not need to worry about any of these issues. A mouthguard will suffice and there will be no concerns over breaking your aligners during rough activities.
- Clear Appearance – Probably one of the greatest benefits to Invisalign is the clear aligners. It will be very difficult for anyone to know you have been correcting your smile until it is all beautifully complete!
- Too Easy to Remove – When you have traditional braces put in place, there is no opportunity to have them removed for food, a break, or cleaning. They will constantly be straightening. With Invisalign, it can be very easy to remove the aligners for a break from any throbbing or to forget to put them back in after eating.
Contact your Winnipeg dental clinic to see if Invisalign is a good option for your lifestyle.